Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dear God...Thank You?

Dear God,
Just a short note to say thanks for the migraines. What a surprise and just when I needed it most. But then you have a reputation for incredible timing, don't you? I knew there was a caveat to prayer. It's just that I thought it was "Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it." I know, I know...it's actually "Ask and it shall be given".

See, here's the thing, I usually don't recognize "it" when it's delivered, thereby tripping over it, cursing it's presence along my path. Was I expecting the heavens to open releasing angels heralding it's arrival? Don't I know you better by now? Obviously not. Ahh, but you know me. So, now that you have my undivided attention, what is it you would like me to do with these gifts I've recieved all wrapped up in migraines?

Love,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment