Monday, March 23, 2009

Migraines and Sex...

Although there are specific things that can "cause" a migraine attack, the doctors call them triggers not causes. I've been racking my brain trying to distinguish the difference; sure hope "brain racking" isn't a trigger. I'll let you know when I figure that one out. There are many possible triggers from food to TMJ to sex. You read that right...sex. Oh, yeah, I’m here to address that theory, just humor me for a minute on the topic of triggers. Migraines are usually caused by more than one trigger. They build up and when they pass a person’s individual threshold. Bingo…migraine!

Now, let me get this straight, I know I have TMJ, there’s one trigger, so add some food like bananas, which I absolutely love, ooh...covered in chocolate (you got it, another trigger food), then a marathon romp in the hay and I have a migraine? See, the problem with me is my two favorite things in the world, food and sex (not in that order) could cause, whoops, “trigger” these attacks. So, I can give them up and become a nun fasting for world peace or I live with them and remain a fat, unemployed sex fiend. Decisions, decisions! Sex...chastity? Gluttony...starvation? Is it me, or do those choices appear to have some sort of biblical implications…like whether I end up in heaven or hell? I'm telling you right now, if there's no sex in heaven, I'm not going! Yes, I'm sulking and my arms are crossed in defiance. You see, sex is my little slice of paradise right here. And as far as hell goes, migraines are just that...HELL!

PS There's also a theory that orgasm can alleviate a migraine, stay tuned for that topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment